This week in Early Years we have been learning about the traditions and customs of China to celebrate Chinese New Year.
Through painting, colouring, listening, tasting, dancing and much more, we have learnt many things about the Chinese culture.
Learning about this country’s traditions tied in with the school’s celebration of International Week.
2017 is the year of the Rooster and to celebrate we have been:
- Looking for objects beginning with the letter sound ‘u’
- Learning about the story of the Chinese New Year
- Making Chinese fans and lanterns
- Listening to Chinese music
- Taking part in a Dragon Dance
- Learning all about the year of the Rooster and the other signs in the Chinese Zodiac
- Learning words and numbers in Chinese and had a go at some Chinese inspired artwork. We even learnt how to write our own names!
- Tasting Chinese foods including noodles and prawn crackers and learning to eat them with chopsticks
We had a lot of fun learning about Chinese traditions. Take a look at what else we got up to below.
To read more about our Nursery and Pre-School visit our Early Years Blogs.
Ghyll Royd School, Pre-School and Nursery is an independent preparatory school for girls and boys aged 2 to 11 years. Established 127 years ago, Ghyll Royd School is an accredited member of the Independent Schools Association based on the outskirts of Ilkley and ideally located for families living in or commuting to the surrounding cities, towns and villages of Leeds and Bradford.