Your Form Representatives for this year are: Trina Hall (GE), Georgina Harrison (Rec), Ruth Beers (F1), Beth Hughes (F2), Vicky Barnfather (F3), Fiona Curtin/Sarah Canelle (F4), Steph Sienkiewicz (F5), Paula McKie (F6)
They will aim to:
- Provide opportunities for active partnerships of parents working with class teachers which will be developed to support the overall mission of the school;
- Build strong links with parents and teachers for the betterment of education of all children;
- Allow opportunities for parents to present ideas that support school/class needs;
- Keep parents informed of the major developments within the school community;
Your Form Representative will:
- Be a liaison person between the class teacher and class parents with information, issues and school events.
- Welcome new parents/families into the school. A personal phone call to a new family can be a great welcome into the school community.
- Promote social gatherings. The majority of parents are here for the long journey of education. Developing relationships amongst the parents assists in building community spirit and sense of belonging.
- Often parents have issues that need a sympathetic ear. Major issues need taking up either with the class teacher or the Senior Leadership Teams (Mr Martin, Mrs Beeson and Mrs Hudson) by individual parents.
- Promotion of school activities and developments require parents to have the tools to inform/promote the school. Knowledge is a big part of supporting the school. Through the Form Representatives meeting each term, the School will have more information (knowledge) about what is happening.
The Parent Forum for this year are: Luke Sienkiewicz, Anjon Mallik, Nicola Carr, Marianne Jackson, Jilly Brocklebank, Nicola Brumfitt, Sabiha Chowdhury
They will aim to:
- Provide feedback on provision, offer a parent’s perspective on current school policies and practice and input into decision making and planning for future provision.
- Help the school find out what parents and carers think about important issues
- To make plans that support the ways the school wants to develop and improve outcomes for the children to support the mission statement