The School Vision
To be the school of choice for girls and boys in the Wharfe Valley.
The School Mission Statement
To provide a first class all round education for girls and boys, in a caring environment where every child is valued as an individual and is motivated to succeed.
• To develop enthusiastic and confident learners by using a variety of
teaching methods and stimulus.
• To promote a positive working environment that helps to develop
independent and self motivated learners.
• To recognise all the children’s achievements and abilities through an atmosphere of positive reinforcement and help to encourage feelings of self worth.
• To offer a wide ranging curriculum giving every child the opportunity to broaden their knowledge and develop new skills, interests and talents.
• To create an environment where every child is able to flourish and reach their full potential, academically, socially and emotionally.
• To promote a healthy lifestyle where girls and boys eat sensibly, exercise regularly and enjoy a sense of well being.
• To encourage and promote an atmosphere where all the children respect themselves and show respect and courtesy to others.
• To provide a stimulating and safe work and play environment.
• To provide a broad extra curricular programme for children of all ages to develop new interests and hobbies.
• To provide a variety of opportunities including the School Council, House, Buddy and Prefect systems, for the girls and boys to take positions of responsibility and influence the decision making in school.